Our schools need you!
At Downland Village Schools Federation, we are looking for three co-opted governors to join our governing body.
As a governor you will be a volunteer who makes a vital contribution to the success of our schools.
We are a group of three village schools in the heart of the picturesque South Downs, under a single senior leadership
team and board of governors.
Our Governors are an integral part of our team. We are looking for candidates who have:
• a strong commitment to the role which includes giving adequate time to carrying out the duties of a governor (see
FAQs for further details).
• a determination to achieve the best possible outcomes for all our pupils, making sure there are high aspirations for
all children in our schools.
• the skills to understand the particular ethos of our schools and to be supportive of our vision and values, to show
empathy and trust and flexibility to meet the changing needs of education and our schools.
• a naturally inquisitive nature and have the ability to question and analyse, and share our passion for learning.
• good inter-personal skills.
• appropriate levels of literacy in English and sufficient numeracy skills to understand basic data.
• empathy and understanding of the need to adhere to the seven principles of public life, which are selflessness,
integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership to carry out the role to the highest
standards, as the holder of a public office.
This role may be particularly of interest if you have skills in finance/accounting, human resources, data or education
but we invite applications from anyone who is interested in helping the schools be the best they can be.
Full training is available and governors are encouraged to attend regular training sessions, either in person or online.
You must be 18 or over to apply and all governors must have Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks. If you
would like to find out more please email Pippa Bass firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.